Monday, November 9, 2015

October Favorites!

and welcome to my blog! October has come and gone, and November is here to put a stop to Hallowthanksmas! (for those of you who are asking yourselves what the heck i'm talking about... Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all at the same time in every store you go to). Anyways, since October is gone and November is here... it's time for
 
 
Are you excited?! I am! I love these things! Right after the month ends... i'm all about these list of things people have that I need to go buy because it doesn't exists in my life and because someone else said they love it... I suddenly need it.
 
No... Just me?
 
Alright then...
 
So really, I have mostly beauty related stuff this month- which never happens but it did this month for some unknown reason.
 

 
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish: True Story... I haven't been able to get my nails done since my birthday so I pulled out my handy dandy Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polishes and did 'em myself. I think these are a great alternative to the gel polish from the salon (which I swear by). They don't last as long but they last fairly well and I am brutal to my nails... my only complaint is that I wish they had more shades! P.s. You can remove these polishes the same as you can with any ordinary polish!

 
L'Oreal Smudge Blush Sticks: Dollar Tree find... Dollar Tree HIT! I haven't really ever liked a cream blush since the Dream Mousse Blushes from Maybelline (which Maybelline discontinued... >:(!) This month however, I have fallen in love with the Rouge and Rose shades of this cream blush. I simply dab a bit with my E.L.F. Small Stipple Brush and dab it on my cheeks and I think it is STUNNING! I really recommend trying them out if they are at your local DT.


 
Wet n Wild Lipstick in Dark Wine: So... I love red lips and I've learned I also love dark red lips. This has been my staple lipstick throughout October. I also love Wet n Wild's lipsticks- both lines of them! Not only are they super inexpensive but they are also a pretty wonderful quality- unless you have a boyfriend who loves to kiss it off  >:/ then good luck!


Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation: I bought this really early in the year and it got way too light for my skin really quick! BUT I think this is very pretty with my skin- the formulation (by the way- I have combination oily skin this time of year). Of course I have to wear a primer that helps my pores appear smaller so that the foundation doesn't give me "white dots" but I think its beautiful. Id rate this as a medium coverage foundation and its super blendable! And for all of y'all that have to have a pump on your foundation... this has you covered!
 
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: To apply this beautiful foundation I just talked about I use the Real Techniques "Beauty Blender"... which I actually like way more than the Beauty Blender. Anyways, this is the same concept as the Beauty Blender- where you wet the sponge and apply your foundation as usual. I use both ends to apply my foundation and I really this the outcome is stunning and flawless.  
 
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Face Powder: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this powder. Now this isn't Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder (which Maybelline also discontinued and for why I have no idea but how bought we get rid of the terrible stuff in the line as opposed to the stuff people actually like). But, it's pretty darn close to it. Same fine grain, same texture, same oil-control, less coverage, but more colors. I do really like it and it isn't awfully expensive (about $6) and I've repurchased it!
 
Cetaphil Gentle Facial Cleanser: I usually stick with products that are geared for acne but I saw this on sale for $2.50 and I was like "Ummm Hello" so I decided i'd try it and see what the talk was about (my Mema swore by this cleanser... even when she had cancer) and I actually do like it. It was a good change and I haven't seen as many acne bumps popping up since I started using this product.
 
Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon Body Mist: Smells like Heaven. Long-lasting. Smells so good. Two bottles. Need I say more?
 
Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy Perfume: So this was my hunt in September and I found it at TJ Max! I have went out a lot this month during the night hours and this is perfect for just that! It still the same girly level as Britney Spears Fantasy but not as sweet. Its more fruity and more on the blue berry/blackberry side if you ask me. The staying power? Oh honey, let me tell you... you don't have to re-spray until the next day!
 
Victoria's Secret Winter Cranberry Body Mist: This was in last years limited edition holiday body mist for the Fantasies line and I loved it last year... as I love it this year. It's really sweet almost like cotton candy but a totally different smell. I hope they bring it back this year because I really like it (and its not ever December yet)!
 
 
and for non-beauty favorites
 
Justin: Words can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for this man. He uplifts me everyday and puts up with the most. He handles me at my very best and at my absolute worst. How he does it, I have no clue. But I love him and appreciate all his time and effort to make me happy.

 
Sticky Notes: These have saved my life! I use these to budget in my planner and notebook, I use them to mark what goes where when i'm rearranging, to remind myself I have things to do throughout the day, literally everything. And... I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree.
 
Planner: Like the sticky notes, my planner saves my life too. I wouldn't be able to keep up with life if I didn't have this. It reminds me of my work shift, my BSA stuff, when I have plans with Justin, when I have plans for everyone else, my budget... everything.

 
Confident by Demi Lovato: My "getting ready" song. I'm Confident.

 
Same Old Love by Selena Gomez: "Im so sick of that same old love, that shh it tears me up"

 
On My Mind by Ellie Goulding: "You think you know somebody" this song... is weird. I love weird.

 


Cleaning: Im one of those people who clean everything out twice a year and for October that has been my task. Surprisingly I love this task.
 
Pointed-Toe Ballet Flats: I dunno, these are classy. I like Classy. I LOVE the colors.
 
 
Gingerbread Candle: Usually this time of year I'm pumpkin-everything... but I've been loving gingerbread. These candles from the Dollar Tree are killin' it too!
 
 
Gain Pods in Tropical Sunrise: I just discovered this scent this month. I decided I'd give it a go as opposed to my typical Moonlight Breeze pods. I do really like them... maybe love? Maybe i'll rotate the two ;)
 
L.A.'s Totally Awesome Oxygen Power Cleaner: Another Dollar Tree find and another Dollar Tree hit! I swore by oxy clean in every load of laundry I do but this is the same stuff and does the same thing and works as good as the other. For $1, I will definitely repurchase! 
 
 
And those are my October favorites! I hope you guys enjoyed and I'd love to know your October favorites too! Are you guys skipping over Thanksgiving this year? Because it sure feels like I have!
 
Love,





No comments:

Post a Comment