Friday, October 23, 2015

Curly Hair, Don't Care!

 Welcome to my blog...
 Today I wanted to talk about a subject that I seriously care nothing about, but I always seem to get asked about whether it be out with the girls or my family or just running errands. What could this possibly be? Hair!
 
 
Honestly, my own boyfriend cares more about his hair than I do- terrible, I know. It actually taken me years to start liking my hair. Which leads me to this story... when I was around 13 or 14 I experimented with my hair a lot and damaged it a lot more.
 
Why? Because it's what everyone did and I just wanted to be cool like everyone else. Don't get me wrong it was pretty, but it came with pretty damages too. So now, I have to fight with those damages. But the good part is my hair is naturally very curly and has gained a lot of its thickness back from the damages I've done. And I've been able to do this in a healthy manner. So something you all should probably know is, I don't have a hair stylist- for many reasons- but I do trim my hair myself. On to my secrets? On to my secrets! Okay, so maybe they aren't secrets but whatever it is- here it is!
 
When it comes to washing my hair I've stood by Suave Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner for as long as I can remember and its for good reasons I can assure you- its the only thing that gets the dreaded tangles out of my hair. It's a moisturizing formula so it helps maintain frizz and dryness that comes with the thick, curly hair.
 
Occasionally I use Head & Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo before the Suave just because I do take a considerable amount of time between washes so I find this helps with stripping oils from my hair. Now, stripping oils isn't healthy but because I accumulate natural oil with other oils its okay every now and then. But its ultimately your choice to do this. I also deep treat my hair twice a month with Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Deep Treatment Hair Mask.
(This can be bought at local drugstores as Walgreens, CVS, or Rite Aid)
 
Now, styling is super simple.
 
 I simply use a little bit of OGX Extra Penetrating Argan Oil of Morocco. You may think I'm absolutely crazy but my hair looks dull and dry even when it isn't. The oil gives it shine and it much healthier than a mouse or hair gel. With it being applied to the bottom first and worked up to the top (just as you should brush your hair) it never gives your hair an oily look up top.
 
That is basically everything I do to my hair but I have put together a few other tips and tricks for you guys before we call this post quits.
 
-In the shower: Wash your hair as you typically would but when you apply your conditioner leave it in to soak until you are completely done with your shower and then brush it (again starting from the bottom and working up to the top). You would be amazed at how much this helps me!
 
-Infusium 23... The oldest trick in the book. Spray it on and then brush again. I'm tender headed and anything to dodge pain i'm down with!
 
-For super sexy, Victoria Secret-ish curls (with no heat!)
 
 
try braiding your hair while its still damp and sleep throughout the night like that. When you decide to go out, let the braid down, fluff the hair, and spritz with hair spray and ooh-la-la! Gorgeous! Recommendation: try to find a hairspray that doesn't list alcohol as the first ingredient, it'll be less damaging to your hair.
 
I hope you all enjoyed and let me know if you want to see anything special!
 
    Love,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment